Thursday, August 16, 2012

Boxers or Briefs...

He's at it again and millions of women across the world are also at it again...giggling and oohing and aahing at David  Beckham in his latest underwear ads.

I can't lie, the pictures of him in his skivvies do stir up some unusual need for me to pick out men's underwear. Or at least give me a good excuse to look at the advertising for them.

When his last campaign came out, I was dating a fellow who was a bit unhappy with my delight in the sculptural excellence of said underwear campaign. Pish, I say. A) Like I'd ever run into him in person B) Be able to communicate anything much past uhhhhh and suddenly become a twelve year old Jr. High school girl and C) Get his attention away from Victoria.  But I could take her...

It amuses me that some of the male species are getting riled up with the attention that this advertising is creating.  I mean isn't that what advertising should do?  And come on guys, you can't tell me you don't look forward to the Victoria's Secret catalog.  Same thing...we just may be more vocal about it. Call it the Beckham syndrome, 50 Shades of Underwear. If he's willing to share his assets with the world, who are we to judge.  10, 10, I give him a 10!

And lighten up guys, you'll probably get some new underwear out of it. And if you're smart, you'll voluntarily model it.

No comments:

Post a Comment